FBAR Only TQ - Does not ask income information

An FBAR (FinCEN 114) is a report sent to the US Treasury informing them of non-US financial accounts. To provide information for an FBAR, we ask that you answer YES to I have financial accounts outside the U.S. during TQ creation, or by clicking Select my income types after the TQ is created.

For the years in which you may not need to file a tax return, but need to file an FBAR we created an FBAR only TQ. This is commonly needed during the streamlined procedure program, for the 3 older years. The FBAR only TQ includes fewer questions than a regular TQ and is not sufficient if you are in need of a tax return for this year. 

For this shortened TQ, we do not need your income information. We need:

  • The Basics - basic information about yourself and your family
  • Where I live - information regarding your place of residence
  • Non-US Financial accounts - your non-US financial information for FBAR processing.

To create an FBAR Only TQ, click the gear icon at the left, then switch on Fbar Only toggle. 

If you want to have the FBAR prepared now and is going to provide tax return information later, please notify your accountant. If you need to file a return for the year in question, you can revert to a full TQ income question & more. Click the gear icon at the left, then switch off Fbar Only toggle.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us